Monday 9 March 2015

Dye My Hair With Me: Pink Lilacs.

Hey guys, this is just a super quick post as I'm working all day today but didn't want to leave you guys empty handed.

My hair has been looking quite drab and dull the last few days, so i decided to liven it up by using my hair mask dye to dye it a pinky lilacy colour. My hair has always been pretty dry, and the bleaching doesn't help it, so I use this hair dye mask to add some moisture back it, whilst adding a bit of fun to my look. Here's what you'll need:



- An empty tub, container or bowl.
- Cheap conditioner 
- Coconut oil (or another hair oil)
- A hair dying tool (optional)
-Hair dyes of your chosen colour

Okay, to start, I simply add a load of conditioner to the container, making sure I have enough to cover my whole head, and a little extra to really saturate it. I also add a little bit of coconut oil for added moisture, and then mix it up really well.

Next, I add some of my pink dye, I'm using pink carnation by directions, but you can use any brand or colour that you choose. I recommend using a vegan dye as they don't do any damage to your hair.

Once I've reached the darkness I want the dye to be, add a little bit more as some of the dye will wash out, and it won't be as strong as the colour looks here. Then I add a small amount of the colour violet, as this pink dye is too much of a neon colour for my personal liking, and the purple tones really cool the colour down.


I mix the colours together really well, to make sure I'm not left with any blobs of purple dye or coconut oil. The final colour looked like this:

This is the kind of tone and colour I think complements my skin tone the best, it's the colour I tend to sway towards when dying my hair a crazy colour. Here's my hair colour before adding the dye, as you can see it's looking pretty drab, and the purple dye is fading in patches- it's really time for a touch up.

I add the dye, and then leave it on for around half an hour, unfortunately I am unable to show you guys a finished picture, as I am writing this post sunday night and won't be back before this post publishes. If you'd like to see the final result, you can follow me via the instagram link on the side bar.

I'm really optimistic about how the colour will turn out, it looks like a really pretty colour at the moment, I'm just hoping it will stick. 

Thanks for reading, please leave me a comment :)





No comments:

Post a Comment