Sunday 8 March 2015

What's On My Windowsill?

This may seem like a weird blog post, but my windowsill is my favourite part of my room. I fill it with the things I love; Plants, rocks, bugs and other miscellaneous objects that take my liking. I will try to find links to similar items, but most of these are unique. So, here's a few of the things I have on my windowsill! 

Various Rocks, Quartz and a Concker.


Everything in this picture was found by yours truly. The two stones have pretty swirly patterns on them, which I found on the beach. The quartz piece was found along the coast line, and conckers are meant to keep spiders away!

Geodes and Raw Crystals




I bought these crystals at a local antique store, they're meant to have healing powers, but I think they're beautiful.

Link to a geode website: Best crystals

Tumbled/Smooth Crystals.


These ones are all so pretty, I love the opalite and the meteor fragment the most.

Fake and Cut Crystals.


The two largest crystals here are actually fake, but they started my love for crystal collecting. The heart crystals came from a necklace set, where you could interchange the stone, but I only kept the crystal hearts.

Link to cut and polished crystals: Healing Crystals 

Elephant Incense Holder. 


To go along with my massive collection of incense, I have this adorable little china elephant. There's a hole in the top of his back that you use to hold the incense up, and he came with an ash tray too.

Elephant incense holder: Paprika

Fossils.


I've always held a fascination for fossils, I think they're so pretty, and each one is completely unique. I only have a small collection so far, but I'm working on growing it.

Buy fossils: The Fossil Store

Various Pieces from Evan.


Everything here was kindly donated to my collection by my boyfriend, along with a few other things in this post. The giant piece of quartz he just found walking around, the bullet opens up to reveal a secret love note and the cute little bug was bought at the christmas market.

Bullet Locket: Aliexpress

Quartz Stalactite.


I'm not really sure about whether of not this is a real stalactite, or if it's quarts, but it's one of my favourite pieces in my collection.

Bugs.





Excuse the scratches on the bugs, but I absolutely love them. A local store used to sell them for a £1 each and I was heart broken when they stopped selling them. At least I collected all the bugs!

Buy buys in acrylic: Tiger

Dinosaur Tooth.



Again, I'm unsure if this is authentic, because fossils are easily faked, but if it's real it's the coolest thing in my collection.

Buy a dinosaur tooth: UKGE

Vintage Perfume Bottle.


Courtesy of Evan again, me and him having matching bottles. I've yet to find something to put in it yet though, any ideas?

Iridescent Knife.



Evan sure knows how to please a girl, having this thing on my window sill to sparkle in the sunlight makes me very happy indeed. Plus, it makes me look really badass!

Buy an iridescent knife: Amazon


Please remember to check the side bar for updates on what's coming next!
















No comments:

Post a Comment