Tuesday 3 March 2015

My Experience With Piercings.


I don't have many piercings, I've had 10 total. However, I've decided today I would share with you my experience overall. I've included below some photos of my piercings, and will talk about them in chronological order.





Please excuse the bad quality photos, they are from Instagram and I had to zoom in on a lot, especially the middle one.

First and Second Lobes
I got these done, as most young girls do- at a beauty salon with a gun. I do NOT recommend EVER using a gun when having a piercing, even on lobes. They are extremely unsanitary and will cause extreme trauma to the ears- just watch this 1 minute video:

However I was too young to know better and my parents had been brought up to believe they were fine. 

My second lobes, however, I got pierced with a needle, which made for a much quicker and less painful healing experience all around. Lobe piercings are pretty easy to heal in most peoples experience, and don't take an awful lot of effort.

Vertical Ear Rim
I'm not exactly sure what to call this piercing, as I haven't seen it around much. It's the golden stud at the top of my ear, and I loved it to pieces. It was pretty painless considering it was my first cartilage piercing, and healed pretty easily to begin with- However, after knocking it very hard accidentally, it became very agitated and sore. Unfortunately, I recently had to take it out, as it started to migrate. 

Anti-Tragus
This is the piercing shown in the last picture, that goes through the inside nodule of the ear. For me, this was my most painful piercing by far. It's been around 8 months since I had it done and it still hasn't come close to healing. It's finicky and easily agitated, but I love the way it looks so much I am determined to keep at it. Most anti-tragus piercings take around a year to heal, so I am awaiting the day! I'm currently wearing an anotometal curved barbell.

Septum
My septum was the easiest piercing, both to have and to heal. The piercing itself felt like a very intense sneeze, and my nose stung a little for the rest of the day. However after that the healing was quick and easy. The nose is pretty much self cleaning, and so you are advised to clean it less regularly than most piercings to avoid over cleaning- which is handy if you tend to forget like me. Healing took around 8 weeks, and I can now leave the jewellery out for a short period of time without the hole closing up. If you're thinking about getting your septum pierced, I'd definitely go for it!

Auricle
This piercing is located on the middle of the ear rim. I am currently wearing a moonstone labret from Neometal (Comment if you want me to make a separate blog post about after-care and jewellery). This piercing was virtually painless and hasn't caused me much trouble at all to heal.

Industrial/Scaffold
Again, this piercing didn't hurt much for me- the piercer pierced the bottom portion of my ear first, which stung a little and then pierced the top portion, which I didn't even notice. The main problem with this piercing for me has been the healing process. They tend to take between a year and a year and a half to heal, and during that time it tends to be sore a lot due to the extra pressure of the long bar. Also, be warned that if one end of the piercing gets agitated, the other end will soon follow. 

Nipples
Yes, I have both my nipples pierced, and yes- it hurt. A lot. Surprisingly though not as much as my anti-tragus hurt, and not so much that I wouldn't do it again. However I did swear pretty loudly during the process. I've had a breeze healing them so far, with no problems what-so-ever. Though I don't wear a bra, so I feel as though that makes a difference, as I know they can be very difficult to heal for some. 

Conch
I was very scared of getting my conch pierced, as its a huge bit of your ear! But after wanting it for so long I decided to go through with it. I was pleasantly surprised at how painless it was, the only part that hurt was the needle coming out of the skin behind my ear, and then the jewellery switch. I'm currently wearing a neometal lavender opal in it.


Got any questions about piercings? I'm more than happy to do an Q&A, after-care or jewellery posts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment